Features & Benefits
The unique, rotating design of Rota™ provides two key features. Firstly, when opened out, it creates a safe, ergonomic handle to hold when sharpening or honing. Then, when finished, the handle folds neatly away again, creating a compact unit that stores easily in a drawer. It has coarse and fine ceramic sharpening wheels for maintaining kitchen knives with a variety of blade conditions from dull through to damaged edges. Non-slip feet on the base give added stability when sharpening.
• Twin ceramic sharpening wheels:
1. Coarse wheel - for dull or damaged blades;
2. Fine wheel - to finish blade edge and for regular knife maintenance
• Easy-grip handle and non-slip feet for added stability whilst sharpening
• Locks closed for compact storage
• Suitable for most types of stainless-steel knives. Not suitable for serrated or ceramic blades.
1. Push button and rotate handle to open.
2. Handle locks safely into position for sharpening.
3. Place on a dry, stable and flat surface and grip handle firmly.
4. Sharpen or hone:
• Dull or damaged blades: Place blade in groove marked 1 and run blade steadily backwards and forwards through the sharpening wheel, applying gentle pressure. Repeat 10 times for dull blades and 20 times for blunt or damaged blades. Transfer blade to groove marked 2 and run blade through sharpening wheel 5-10 times to finish blade. Wash and dry blade before cutting food.
• Regular knife maintenance: Place blade in groove 2 and run blade steadily backwards and forwards through the sharpening wheel, applying gentle pressure, 10-15 times. Wash and dry blade before cutting food.
2-stage process for sharpening and honing blades
Push button and rotate to open or close
Folds for compact storage
Care and Use
Open 4 x 4 x 19.5 cm
(1¾ x 1¾ x 8 inches)
Closed 4 x 4 x 12.5 cm
(1¾ x 1¾ x 5 inches)
Wipe clean with a damp cloth