Valentine's Day Cookies
The perfect recipe to treat that special someone this Valentine's or to share the love all year round, these tasty cookies are really easy to make and look great too!
Serves : Make 10-12 cookies
Total cooking time : 1 hr
Difficulty : Easy
125g unsalted butter softened
160g caster sugar
1 free range egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
240g plain flour sifted
Pink food colour paste
Red food colour paste
1. Mix the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla extract and mix for 2 more minutes until well combined. Add the flour and mix again.
2. Divide your cookie dough into three and colour one pink and the other one red with your food colouring leaving one dough plain.
3. Cover them with cling film and keep in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Roll out your dough 4mm thick using your Adjustable Rolling pin with measuring discs (you will need some extra flour to dust your surface and dough).
5. Using a cookie cutter give them the shape you prefer (we used lovehearts) and line them in a tray with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 175C.
Photos by Gertrude Gary Milk, Recipe by Elisavet Delecha