Try this super simple and hearty soup at home. Perfect for making on weekends or when you have a bit more time to leave it simmering away. Also great for making in batches to have for lunches in the week!
Serves : 6-8
Total cooking time : 4 hours
Difficulty : Easy
1 smoked ham joint
2 large carrots
1 / 2 cup pearl barley
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the ham in water for 3 hours until tender - you will need to use 2 kettles full of boiling water per ham.
2. Once ready, remove the ham from the water and use forks to shred then set aside. (Do not get rid of the water)
3. Chop the onions, leeks, carrot and turnip and add to the stock left in the pan.
4. After about 5 minutes add the barley, bay leaf and thyme. Cover until cooked (about 45mins).
5. Add the shredded ham to the soup & serve.
Color-coded cutting board setFrom: $50.00
Stainless steel rocking garlic crusher$30.00
6-piece kitchen utensil set with standFrom:
Regular Price: $50.00
Special Price $40.00
6-piece knife set with stand$85.00