Please note that the guarantee provided is subject to all applicable local laws. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
For your peace of mind, Items purchased via josephjoseph.com are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated. If a manufacturing defect is found, we will be happy to repair or replace your product, including all delivery charges.
Items purchased through authorised retailers are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated. Proof of purchase may be required to validate these claims. If a manufacturing defect is found, we will be happy to repair or replace your product.
A manufacturing defect is defined as any fault in the product’s materials or workmanship, which is present at time of receipt.
Damages caused as a result of the following conditions are not classed as manufacturing defects, and will not be covered by our guarantee:
- Accidental damage
- Acceptable (normal) wear and tear
- Damage caused by abuse or negligence
- Staining caused by strongly coloured foods/spices
- Melting caused by overheating
We will not guarantee products which:
- Have not been used or maintained in accordance with the Care Instructions
- Any product which has been modified or repaired by anyone other than Joseph Joseph
- Were purchased as pre-owned, refurbished or sold as seen
- Were purchased via an unauthorised reseller
In the unlikely event that your product becomes defective during the guarantee period, please contact Customer Services – [email protected]. To ensure that we are able to deal with your enquiry as efficiently as possible we would ask that you include:
- Proof of purchase (if the item was ordered via our website please provide your order number)
- A picture of item which illustrates the issue
- A description of the issue, with details on when it was first noted
- If possible a picture or description of the batch code on your product.
Identifying a batch code
Our batch codes are located in different locations product to product.
Please use the guide below to help you identify yours. If you still need help finding it our customer service team will be more than happy to help
Type 1 : Used for the majority of our products except knives which use Type 2.
Batch Code Style : Circular dial with numbers
Location / format : Imprinted on the product itself or on the packaging in the form of a sticker
Type 2 : Used for knives and a few other products
Batch Code Style : A date code consisting of 8 digits ands 2 letters
Location / format : Printed on the packaging near to or alongside the barcode
Type 3 : Used on Totem Bins
Batch Code Style : A date code consisting of 8 digits and 1 letters
Location / format : Printed on the inside of the drawer
Please do not return products to us without contacting us first, we do not accept liability for any items returned to us without authorisation. If we request that an item is returned to us, we do not accept liability for loss or damage in transit so please ensure that products are adequately packaged and returned to us via a tracked service (if we do not supply a pre-paid label).