Caribbean Style Stew
This quick and easy recipe from The Mother Cooker is perfect for using up any variety of leftover meat. It's full of goodness with lots of veg and a delicious Caribbean flavour from the jerk seasoning.
Serves : 4
Total cooking time : 30 minutes
Difficulty : Super easy
2 carrots, ribboned
1 large or 2 small red onion, cut in to half moons
400-600g leftover meat
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
3 heaped tblsp jerk seasoning
1 400g tin coconut milk
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 medium bag fresh spinach (240g)
1 400g tin kidney beans
2 portions microwave rice
1 & a half tblsp oil
Bunch of fresh parsley (optional)
- Add oil to a large pan with 1 ribboned carrot and sliced onion, cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add leftover meat and jerk seasoning and stir all together.
- Add coconut milk and tomatoes, stir everything together. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add half your bag of spinach and second ribboned carrot. Cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Add the other half of your spinach, green pepper and drained tin of kidney beans. If you want to combine your beans with your rice instead you can do this. Cook for a further five minutes.
- With that last five mins, ping your rice in the microwave. Serve hot and sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe from The Mother Cooker