Thai Pork Meatballs in Courgetti Soup
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Mindful Chef, the healthy delivery box company, to try out and share a series of their tastiest recipes. This carb-free meatball soup is great for a midweek meal packed full of flavour. If you love Thai food, this is a perfect option for trying it at home!
Serves : 2
Total cooking time : 40-45 mins
Difficulty : Easy
120g chestnut mushrooms
1/2 tbsp oil
1 fresh lemongrass stalk
2 red chillis
1 vegetable stock cube
200ml coconut milk
300g pork mince
4cm fresh ginger
Large handful of fresh coriander
1. Remove the ends of the courgettes and prepare the courgetti noodles using a spiralizer (our Spiro hand-held spiralizer is great for less mess). If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a peeler to slice the courgette into long thin strips.
2. Finely slice the mushrooms. Peel and finely chop the ginger. Trim the ends off the lemongrass and finely chop. Finely chop one red chilli and slice the rest. Roughly chop the coriander.
3. Use your hands to thoroughly mix the ginger, lemongrass, chopped chilli and half of the coriander in a large bowl with the pork mince and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into 16 small balls.
4. Heat a large pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the pork meatballs for 15 mins, turning frequently using tongs, until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 200ml boiling water and add to a saucepan along with the coconut milk.
6. Bring to the boil and add the mangetout, mushrooms, courgetti and sliced chilli. Simmer for 3 mins.
7. Spoon all the liquid and vegetables into two bowls and top with the meatballs, sliced chilli (or full chillies if you have extra and want to garnish) and the rest of the coriander leaves. Use a reamer to juice the lime over the top to finish.